The Fabulouse Four!

The Fabulouse Four!
Learning and Growing Together

Friday, July 10, 2009

Gamers....not of the video type.

As most of you know, I'm in a musical at the Sandy Arts Guild. Which means I have rehearsals just about every weeknight in Sandy. It's kind of far and it means I leave Chris at home all by himself. But this week, Chris didn't have anything else going on at night so he came up with me, dropped me off at rehearsal and then went to his parents house to wait for me. Cathi (Chris's mom) was home all by herself until thursday because Larry and Bryson were off at Scout Camp (I think that's what it was). After rehearsal Chris would pick me up and then we'd go back to his parents house and play games!

Now, we are generally gameboard people but we discovered a new one that we absolutely love! I actually got it as a present from Chris's parents for my birthday last December and we had never played it! So we brought it! It's called Time's Up! Honestly...I think there could be a better name for it but it's amazingly fun! It's all about guessing famous people's name. You have teams of 2 or more people (it works best with even teams). You divide 40 cards with names on them between all the players and then 2 additional cards. Each player chooses 2 cards to discard and then the rest are put into the pile. Then you alternate teams with one player giving clues and the rest of the team guessing. Round 1: As many words as you want, sounds and gestures. Team members can guess as many times as they want. Round 2: Clue giver get 1 word, as many sounds and gestures as liked. Guessers get 1 guess. Round 3: No words. Sounds and gestures, only 1 guess! Every round is played with the same names so everyone is familiar with them. The game gets increasingly hilariuos as no words are allowed and it's just way fun! Dustin (chris's brother) and I are an amazing team. We'll take challengers! haha

2 comments:

  1. I loved the night we played this. You and Dustin really do rock! And you make it fun. We tried to play the game with another group, without the game box, just writing down names and then going from there. It was okay but we didn't have much laughter going on - you really bring a great gift when you laugh and have fun and get into the game, Bri. Thanks for sharing it with us - especially me. You brighten my days. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Another blogger. I didn't know you had one too. If you'd like to visit ours, we're at jandschipman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete